June 17, 2011

Black Bean Dip

Over the past 4 years, my husband and I have been part of a supper club consisting of a group our dearest friends that get together once a month to have dinner. It has truly become such an enjoyable time for us all to get together, try new foods, and catch up on our busy lives. I always look forward to the amazing foods that my friends prepare each month; as they are all fabulous and inspiring cooks. Today I am sharing a black bean dip recipe that one of my girlfriends served a few years back. It has remained a staple on my appetizer rotation over the years for its simplicity and crowd pleasing effect. If you have a microwave, a can opener, no time and an appetizer to make, then this one is for you!

Black Bean Dip
Recipe courtesy of Kathie Stronach
Serves 8-10

1 can black beans
1 8 oz block reduced fat cream cheese
¼ cup diced red onion
4 Tbl jalapeƱo jelly or any hot jelly

Mix well and microwave the beans and cream cheese, once warmed add onions and jelly. Serve with tortilla chips.

No comments:

Post a Comment